Perfect loan. Perfect home.
When you choose IHMVCU for your mortgage, you get more than a home loan.
Not just a mortgage.
It's where dreams become memories!
Chat with one of our
mortgage loan experts
Whether you’re a first-time home buyer or you’re just looking for the perfect new home, we’re here to help. Mortgage loans don’t have to be complicated. When you choose IHMVCU for your mortgage, you get more than a home loan. You get a guide to walk you through the process, before, during and after the purchase.
OUR MORTGAGE LOANS FEATURE:
- Low closing costs
- Competitive rates
- In-house processing and underwriting
- Local servicing
And the winner is...
Congratulations to Julie, our 2019 $10,000 Mega Mortgage Sweepstakes winner!
Find your perfect loan
Conventional mortgages | Adjustable-rate mortgages (ARMs) | FHA, VA & USDA loans | No closing cost loans
First-time home buyers:
97% max loan-to-value
95% max loan-to-value
- Fixed rate mortgages
(10, 15, 20, & 30 year terms)
- Adjustable rate mortgages (5/1 ARM)
- Construction loans
- Investment property loans
- Jumbo loans
- Bridge loans
FHA Financing (Federal Housing Authority)
- 96.5% max loan-to-value
- Available for lower FICO scores (580 minimum)
*Serviced through Plaza Home Mortgage
- Up to 100% max loan-to-value
- Must be a Veteran to apply
USDA* Rural Development Loans
- Up to 102% max loan-to-value
- There are restrictions on income and area that property is located
*United States Department of Agriculture
Renovation/Home Improvement Loan
- Improve outdated homes
- Upgrade bathrooms, kitchens, and outdoor living spaces
- Available for purchase or refinance
- Up to 95% loan-to-value of completed value
- No minimum repair amount
First-Time Home Buyers Program
Iowa Finance Authority (IFA)
- $2,500 in down payment or closing cost assistance
- As little as 3% down required
Down Payment Plus (DPP)
Down payment match, up to three times buyer down payment contribution
Meet your mortgage loan officers
Your goal isn’t getting a mortgage; it’s buying the house of your dreams and creating memories. My goal is to help you achieve your dream and make the process as easy and seamless as possible. For more than ten years, I’ve been guiding homebuyers through the entire process, and look forward to doing the same for you.
A native of Algona, IA, and graduate of University of Iowa (Go Hawks!), I’ve made my home in Des Moines with my wife Erinn and daughter Freya. When I’m not making homebuyer dreams come true, you can find me watching sports, playing golf and flipping houses.
Ready to get started?
Here's what you need.
Prequalification is the first step on your journey to home ownership. We make it easy to get there. We’re available over the phone, by email or by appointment. When possible, we can even provide same-day approval!
- Two recent paystubs
- Previous two years’ W2s and Federal tax returns
- Two months’ checking and savings account statements
- Child support order (if you’re required to pay)
- Signed purchase contract
Let us help you on your journey to home ownership. Use our calculators to help find your best options.
- Calculate a Mortgage Payment
- Rent or Buy?
- Proceeds from Sale of a Home
- Home Affordability
- Compare Two Mortgage Loans
- Adjustable-Rate Mortgage Analyzer
- Time to Refinance?