Don't get stressed by college debt
We've got you.
Not just a scholarship.
It's a head start for college!
Chat with our member
IHMVCU Cash for Class Scholarship
IHMVCU offers $30,000 in scholarships to local undergraduate, graduate and vocational/technical school students who stand out in the classroom and stand up in their communities. Since 1999, IHMVCU has invested nearly $400,000 in scholarships for more than 300 students.
Scholarship applications for 2024 will open on Dec. 1, 2023.
To be eligible*, all applicants must:
- Be a member by the application deadline
- Be a graduating high school senior or a current college student
- Be enrolled at an accredited two-year or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school
- Provide 2 references
- Complete the online application and essay/video
- Submit all materials by 5 p.m. on the application deadline. Late submissions will not be accepted under any circumstances
- Essays may be submitted in the form of a 500-word essay in PDF format or 2-minute video on the topic below (max file size of 10 MB)
2024 Essay Topic: At IHMVCU community is our passion. We strive to help bridge educational gaps throughout our service areas. Discuss the importance of equal access to education and how you'd work to bridge the educational gap within your community.
*IHMVCU employees are not eligible. Recipients of the IHMVCU Scholarship are eligible to re-apply annually. Applications must be completed each year and submitted to the scholarship committee via the online application.
Please note: Paper applications and recommendations will not be accepted.
Scholarships are awarded as such:
- $10,000: 1 scholarship
- $5,000: 2 scholarships
- $1,000: 10 scholarships**
**$1,000 scholarships will be awarded to members with the highest overall application score in each community.
- Three $1,000 winners in the Quad Cities.
- Four $1,000 winners in DeWitt, Galesburg, Kewanee, and Des Moines.
- One $1,000 award to a student attending Carl Sandburg College.
- One $1,000 award to a student/employee of the Boys and Girls Club of the Mississippi Valley.
- One $1,000 award for the family member of an IHMVCU employee+.
If any community does not have a worthy applicant, no scholarship will be awarded.
IHMVCU has the ultimate authority to amend any of the above rules to ensure fairness in the award of the scholarships.
+IHMVCU Family refers to spouses, children, and grandchildren of IHMVCU employees and board of directors.
Illinois Quad City Chapter of Credit Unions Scholarships
Two $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to anyone belonging to a participating Illinois credit union. As an active participant of this association, IHMVCU members qualify to participate in this scholarship program.
Filing deadline for the ILQCCCU Scholarship is February 15, 2024.
Warren A. Marrow Memorial Scholarship
Open to any IHMVCU member high school and post-high school students planning to enroll in post-secondary education in 2024.
Non-traditional/continuing education students:
Open to any IHMVCU member attending or planning to attend an accredited undergraduate or vocational program in 2024.
The application deadline is February 2, 2024 at 5 p.m. CT.
2023 Cash for Class Recipients:
Lillyana Mitchell: $10,000 winner
Parker Hann: $5,000 winner
Drake Hanson: $5,000 winner
Alyssa Gauss: $1,000 winner
Grace Gustafson: $1,000 winner
Jena Edwards: $1,000 winner
Billie Dieterich: $1,000 winner
Andrea Porubcin: $1,000 winner
Paige Durant: $1,000 winner
Rosa Perez: $1,000 winner
Iratze Aceves: $1,000 winner
Kendal Bennison: $1,000 winner
Brady Warner: $1,000 winner
View all of our 2023 Cash for Class scholarship winner surprise videos on YouTube.