Need help paying for school? We’ve got scholarships to help you out.
Deadline: Feb. 28
This year IHMVCU will award $26,000 in scholarships to students who excel in the classroom and their communities.
Members who demonstrate academic excellence, good character, and community and school involvement are eligible to apply.
To be eligible*, all applicants must:
- Be a member by Feb. 28, 2017 at 5 p.m.
- Be a graduating high school senior or current college student enrolled in post-secondary education for the 2017-18 school year at an accredited two-year or four-year college, university, vocational-technical school or graduate program.
- Provide 2 references.
- Complete the online application and either a written or video essay.
- All materials must be submitted by 5 p.m., Feb. 28. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Essay topics (choose one):
- Explain the importance of financial health/financial education in today's society.
- Describe your most meaningful achievements and how they relate to your field of study.
*IHMVCU employees are not eligible. Recipients of the IHMVCU Scholarship are eligible to re-apply annually. Applications must be completed each year and submitted to the scholarship committee.
Please note: Paper or emailed applications and recommendations will not be accepted.
Scholarships will be awarded as such:
|Quad Cities||9 scholarships|
|IHMVCU Family**||2 scholarships|
|Boys and Girls Club of the Mississippi Valley Member or Employee||2 scholarships|
|Carl Sandburg College (awarded to a current student or incoming freshman)||1 scholarship|
**IHMVCU Family refers to spouses, children, grandchildren of IHMVCU employees and board of directors.
Open to any IHMVCU member classified as a high school junior or senior with a graduation date projected in 2016. Scholarship awards range from $500 to $1,500 for first through fourth place winners.
Non-traditional/continuing education students
Open to any IHMVCU member attending or planning to attend an accredited undergraduate, graduate or vocational program. Two $1,000 scholarships will be awarded.
Two $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to anyone belonging to a participating Illinois credit union. As an active participant of this association, IHMVCU members qualify to participate in this scholarship program.
All required materials must be postmarked by Feb. 15, 2016.