Money Smarts Blog
Celebrating 4th of July in the Quad Cities
Jun 30, 2022 || Steph Carmichael, Digital Marketing Strategist
Summer is in full swing and it’s time to break out your red, white and blue – the 4th of July is here!
Growing up, I have fun memories of spending the holiday watching my dad race his stock car at area racetracks. After the races, our family and friends would gather in the pits to grill out while we watched fireworks. My mom always made sure all the kids had sparklers and we dressed in red, white and blue.
This year, I’m going a little more low-key. I’m looking forward to spending the holiday relaxing by the pool with friends and family while enjoying burgers and hot dogs. And of course, watching fireworks.
The Quad Cities region has no shortage of fun events and fireworks going on over the long weekend.
Here’s a roundup:
- July 1-3 - River Bandits vs. Peoria Chiefs – IHMVCU members enjoy BOGO (buy one, get one) on tickets to all 2022 regular-season home games! If you want to buy tickets for the July 3 game (can you say MEGA fireworks show after?) get your tickets soon. They expect to sell out.
- July 2 - Geneseo Fireworks Show – fireworks begin at dusk.
- July 3 - Red, White and Boom – the fun starts at 6 p.m. with fireworks to follow at 9:30 p.m. Click the link to view all the details and prime viewing areas around the QC.
- July 3 - Orion Fireworks Festival & Lighted Parade – the fun starts at 5 p.m. and runs through the fireworks display at the end of the evening.
- July 3-4 - East Moline’s Independence Day – fireworks begin at 6:30 p.m. Sunday at River Bend Park and the 40th Annual Firecracker run starts at 7:30 a.m. Monday with plenty of activities to follow that day.
- July 4 - Bettendorf Fourth of July Festival – parade begins at 10 a.m. in downtown, fireworks begin at dusk from Middle Park.
- July 4 - DeWitt IA Fourth of July Parade - parade starts at 10 a.m.
- July 4 - Big Bang Boom at Lake Storey in Galesburg – enjoy fireworks beginning at 9 p.m. synchronized to music broadcasted over the radio.
- July 4 - Kewanee Fireworks Spectacular – fireworks begin at dusk at Northeast Park.
- Entire month of July - BOGO (buy one, get one) on admission to participating QC pools! Check out our Member Advantages for more details and those participating pools.
No matter how you celebrate this year, we hope it’s a blast. Stay safe!